Why join the Northern California Translators Association (NCTA)?
For a membership fee that is equivalent to $5 per month (individual members) you receive the following benefits:
- Get work: Our highly visible online referral service is one of the easiest ways for new clients to find you.
- Stay informed: Receive our own industry journal, Translorial, as part of your membership in print and/or PDF formats. Members can download back issues on the NCTA site. Select articles and tables of contents are available on this site, Translorial.com.
- Discover new skills: Continuing education workshops throughout the year help you build new skills and keep old ones up to date.
- Find technology help: Keep up with the latest developments in software and hardware through presentations at our general meetings and workshops, and get immediate help on the members-only online groups when you run into a technology problem.
- Keep in touch with colleagues: Receive e-mail newsflashes with the latest NCTA news and events information. The NCTA is also present on LinkedIn, Facebook, and runs a members-only online email group and a Meetup group for Linguists, Translators, and Interpreters in the Bay Area .
- Ensure you are working for reliable clients while receiving a discount off the regular subscription price of the Payment Practices list.
- Prepare for ATA Certification: Attend our certification workshop for tips on how to prepare for the American Translators Association certification exam.
- And more!